Reading Festival 2014



So over the past weekend, I have been to Reading Festival. I had never been camping before so it was an entirely new experience for me and I can honestly say it was one of the best moments of my life. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera so this photo above is the only one I could get.

Arriving on the Thursday allowed me to have time to set my stuff up and prepare for the packed days ahead. The other girls and I even managed to create a fire for the rest of the camp when they had gone for a wonder!

The next 3 days were spent in the arena most the time, eyeing up all the different food stands and dancing (followed by belting out lyrics awfully) in the crowds to bands I loved but also bands I'd never heard of. The main thing that stood out for me was the neighbourliness of everyone there. It was like making hundreds of friends within the space of 5 minutes.

I could spend hours rambling on about the different bands the crowds went crazy for and the singers that made the entire audience fall silent but instead, here is a list of the ones I was lucky enough to see: Gerard Way, Deaf Havana, Sigma, Vampire Weekend, Peace, Foster the People, Imagine Dragons, Bombay Bicycle Club, Arctic Monkeys, Young Guns, Saint Raymond, A Day To Remember, You Me At Six, The Kooks, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, The 1975 and last but not least, Disclosure. 

Thinking back over it all, I think the highlight of the weekend for me (besides the music of course) was waking up and immediately chilling with my friends, discussing who to go see and covering ourselves with UV paint for the day ahead. It just had the calmest yet most enjoyable feel. I have no doubt I will return next year to do the same thing again and hope it will be as good if not better than this year. 

No comments: